WITNESS THE BIRTH OF A NOVEL
Read KJA’s new epic fantasy Spine of the Dragon *As He Writes It*.
For Subscribers Only: Sign up here!
- Finding the Way(Found some unposted blogs from last year’s hikes!) On some of my mountain climbs, there isn’t always an obvious trail. The way is marked with cairns, piles of stones that tell hikers they are on the right track. The problem is that not all those who build cairns know where they’re going. You can be easily led astray. My hardest hike of the year, circling the beautiful but rugged “Halo Ridge” in the Holy Cross Wilderness, was a 15-mile hike that carried me over four separate 13,000-ft peaks. In order to descend, I had to take a straight shot down off the ridge to a pair of mountain lakes more than a thousand feet below. I had to ... read more
- TALES OF DUNE just releasedBrian Herbert and I are pleased to announce the release of TALES OF DUNE, the expanded edition that collects all of our published Dune short stories, ranging from “Hunting Harkonnens,” the earliest chronological tale in the Dune timeline all the way to “Treasure in the Sand,” which takes place at the very end of the long Dune history. CONTENTS: The Butlerian Jihad time period • Hunting Harkonnens • Whipping Mek • The Faces of a Martyr • Red Plague The Dune time period • Wedding Silk • A Whisper of Caladan Seas After the Scattering • Sea Child • Treasure in the Sand Available in trade paperback and all eBook formats. A hardcover edition is forthcoming the next couple of weeks. ... read more
- A Day in the Writing/Publishing LifeSeveral people have asked what my typical day is like. And the appropriate answer is “what’s a typical day?” I wear many hats, work on various projects, and wrestle with countless distractions. So, yesterday I kept a log of my activities from the time I got out of bed to when I went back to bed (i.e., the “work day”). 7:30, get up, coffee and breakfast. While eating breakfast, read and answer the overnight email. (Nine emails since midnight, which was the last time I checked mail: 2 of them about writing projects, including one from my coauthor Doug Beason about revisions to our new high-tech thriller, The Doomsday Cascade; the other 7 are WordFire Press matters, book schedules, author ... read more
- Start your day with a bang! New Military SF Mega StorybundleStay on target! Game over, man! It’s a bug hunt! Military science fiction is one of the most gripping subgenres in the field, and now we bring you 15 books in one storybundle, the Military SF Megabundle from storybundle.com, which runs only through June 8 https://storybundle.com/scifi Nsme your own price for a big grab-bag of Military SF stories. $5 for the basic six books, or $15 for all fifteen books in the bundle. Baen Books, the preemininent publusher of military SF, contributed four books to the bundle, with Better to Beg Forgiveness from Michael Z. Williamson, One Day on Mars from Travis S. Taylor, Under a Graveyard Sky by John Ringo, and the Year’s Best Military and Adventure SF edited ... read more
- Witness the Birth of a Novel! SPINE OF THE DRAGON draft chaptersI’ve never done anything like this before: You can read my new epic fantasy SPINE OF THE DRAGON *as I write it*. I’m giving unprecedented access to my fans and to aspiring writers who want a deep inside look at the process of creating a novel. As a special Sneak Preview, I will grant subscribers access to my first-draft chapters, one at a time, as I write them. For $30, about the price you’d pay for the published hardcover, you will read each chapter as it comes back from the typist, and you can also participate in a forum discussion as the book develops, where I will interact directly with readers and talk about the changes I am making. At a higher level ... read more
- CLOCKWORK LIVES Graphic NovelSome lives can be summed up in a sentence or two. Other lives are epics. And some graphic novels are really epic. I am pleased to announce the full graphic novel adaptation of CLOCKWORK LIVES, our companion novel to CLOCKWORK ANGELS. The publisher will be Insight Editions, who have produced some exceptionally fine books—and LIVES needs to be a lavish, impressive book (and not just because Neil Peart says so). Insight’s Senior Editor Mark Irwin has always been a huge Rush fan (and in fact that’s how I got to know him years ago). He sees this as the perfect opportunity for us to work together. I will be writing the full script with input from Neil. We don’t ... read more
- Superstars Writing Seminar 2017 scheduleLess than three weeks before Superstars 2017 launches, with a schedule and speaker list that’s quite impressive. This year’s speakers include Jim Butcher, Jonathan Maberry, David Farland, Kevin J. Anderson, James Artimus Owen, Jody Lynn Nye, Rebecca Moesta, Todd McCaffrey, Claire Eddy (Tor), Steve Feldberg (Audible), Mark Leslie Lefebvre (Kobo), Kristin Nelson (Kristin Nelson Agency), Lisa Mangum (Shadow Mountain), and many other experts on specific topics. For eight years, Superstars has been the best intensive seminar focusing on the business of writing and publishing, and for the first year ever, we are also adding an “Advanced Craft Day” on Wednesday Feb 1, before the main seminar begins. You can still register last-minute online at http://www.superstarswriting.com Here is the schedule for ... read more
- New DUNE film/TV announcement from LegendaryAnd here is the big official announcement, fifteen years in the making! This is the real deal, and we are all very excited LEGENDARY ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES RIGHTS TO FRANK HERBERT’S CLASSIC SCI-FI NOVEL DUNE Burbank, CA – November 21, 2016 – Legendary and the Frank Herbert estate have reached an agreement granting the production entity the film and television motion picture rights to the beloved novel DUNE, one of the most revered science fiction novels of all time. The agreement calls for the development and production of possible film and television projects for a global audience. The projects would be produced by Thomas Tull, Mary Parent and Cale Boyter, with Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt and Kim Herbert serving as ... read more
- Announcing Scholarship Winners for Superstars Writing Seminar 2017We’re pleased to announce the five winners of the 2017 Don Hodge Memorial Scholarship for the Superstars Writing Seminar: Courtney Farrell, Lehua Parker, Blair McGregor, Aubrey Pratt, and Liz Colter! The scholarship entails full tuition of $749 for the three-day seminar, plus $275 for the additional Advanced Writing Craft Day. Superstars offers scholarships every year to writers who otherwise wouldn’t be able to attend due to financial circumstances. We have so far funded 12 scholarships through donations and the sales of our three anthologies, One Horn to Rule Them All: A Purple Unicorn Anthology, A Game of Horns: A Red Unicorn Anthology, and The Dragon Writers Anthology. These anthologies are published through WordFire Press. Supporters can also donate via PayPal at http://superstarswriting.com/scholarships/ All funds received for the Don ... read more
- An Exciting Launch for Kevin J Anderson Presents “Empire’s Rift” by Steve Rzasa!We had a great time Saturday night at the book release party at Hard Rock Cafe in Denver for the new novel Empire’s Rift, released by WordFire Press. This epic science fiction novel is based in the Takamo gaming universe, the first in the “Kevin J. Anderson Presents” line from WordFire. Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with us and pick up a copy of “Empire’s Rift” at the party. Anyone who purchased the novel also received an X Files paperback. We signed lots of books and enjoyed some great food! Special thanks to John at the Hard Rock Cafe, which was a cool downtown venue for our book launch. Kevin J. Anderson with ... read more
Looking for WordFire Press? Click logo