WITNESS THE BIRTH OF A NOVEL
Read KJA’s new epic fantasy Spine of the Dragon *As He Writes It*.
For Subscribers Only: Sign up here!
- Start your day with a bang! New Military SF Mega StorybundleStay on target! Game over, man! It’s a bug hunt! Military science fiction is one of the most gripping subgenres in the field, and now we bring you 15 books in one storybundle, the Military SF Megabundle from storybundle.com, which runs only through June 8 https://storybundle.com/scifi Nsme your own price for a big grab-bag of Military SF stories. $5 for the basic six books, or $15 for all fifteen books in the bundle. Baen Books, the preemininent publusher of military SF, contributed four books to the bundle, with Better to Beg Forgiveness from Michael Z. Williamson, One Day on Mars from Travis S. Taylor, Under a Graveyard Sky by John Ringo, and the Year’s Best Military and Adventure SF edited ... read more
- Witness the Birth of a Novel! SPINE OF THE DRAGON draft chaptersI’ve never done anything like this before: You can read my new epic fantasy SPINE OF THE DRAGON *as I write it*. I’m giving unprecedented access to my fans and to aspiring writers who want a deep inside look at the process of creating a novel. As a special Sneak Preview, I will grant subscribers access to my first-draft chapters, one at a time, as I write them. For $30, about the price you’d pay for the published hardcover, you will read each chapter as it comes back from the typist, and you can also participate in a forum discussion as the book develops, where I will interact directly with readers and talk about the changes I am making. At a higher level ... read more
- CLOCKWORK LIVES Graphic NovelSome lives can be summed up in a sentence or two. Other lives are epics. And some graphic novels are really epic. I am pleased to announce the full graphic novel adaptation of CLOCKWORK LIVES, our companion novel to CLOCKWORK ANGELS. The publisher will be Insight Editions, who have produced some exceptionally fine books—and LIVES needs to be a lavish, impressive book (and not just because Neil Peart says so). Insight’s Senior Editor Mark Irwin has always been a huge Rush fan (and in fact that’s how I got to know him years ago). He sees this as the perfect opportunity for us to work together. I will be writing the full script with input from Neil. We don’t ... read more
- Superstars Writing Seminar 2017 scheduleLess than three weeks before Superstars 2017 launches, with a schedule and speaker list that’s quite impressive. This year’s speakers include Jim Butcher, Jonathan Maberry, David Farland, Kevin J. Anderson, James Artimus Owen, Jody Lynn Nye, Rebecca Moesta, Todd McCaffrey, Claire Eddy (Tor), Steve Feldberg (Audible), Mark Leslie Lefebvre (Kobo), Kristin Nelson (Kristin Nelson Agency), Lisa Mangum (Shadow Mountain), and many other experts on specific topics. For eight years, Superstars has been the best intensive seminar focusing on the business of writing and publishing, and for the first year ever, we are also adding an “Advanced Craft Day” on Wednesday Feb 1, before the main seminar begins. You can still register last-minute online at http://www.superstarswriting.com Here is the schedule for ... read more
- New DUNE film/TV announcement from LegendaryAnd here is the big official announcement, fifteen years in the making! This is the real deal, and we are all very excited LEGENDARY ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES RIGHTS TO FRANK HERBERT’S CLASSIC SCI-FI NOVEL DUNE Burbank, CA – November 21, 2016 – Legendary and the Frank Herbert estate have reached an agreement granting the production entity the film and television motion picture rights to the beloved novel DUNE, one of the most revered science fiction novels of all time. The agreement calls for the development and production of possible film and television projects for a global audience. The projects would be produced by Thomas Tull, Mary Parent and Cale Boyter, with Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt and Kim Herbert serving as ... read more
- Announcing Scholarship Winners for Superstars Writing Seminar 2017We’re pleased to announce the five winners of the 2017 Don Hodge Memorial Scholarship for the Superstars Writing Seminar: Courtney Farrell, Lehua Parker, Blair McGregor, Aubrey Pratt, and Liz Colter! The scholarship entails full tuition of $749 for the three-day seminar, plus $275 for the additional Advanced Writing Craft Day. Superstars offers scholarships every year to writers who otherwise wouldn’t be able to attend due to financial circumstances. We have so far funded 12 scholarships through donations and the sales of our three anthologies, One Horn to Rule Them All: A Purple Unicorn Anthology, A Game of Horns: A Red Unicorn Anthology, and The Dragon Writers Anthology. These anthologies are published through WordFire Press. Supporters can also donate via PayPal at http://superstarswriting.com/scholarships/ All funds received for the Don ... read more
- An Exciting Launch for Kevin J Anderson Presents “Empire’s Rift” by Steve Rzasa!We had a great time Saturday night at the book release party at Hard Rock Cafe in Denver for the new novel Empire’s Rift, released by WordFire Press. This epic science fiction novel is based in the Takamo gaming universe, the first in the “Kevin J. Anderson Presents” line from WordFire. Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with us and pick up a copy of “Empire’s Rift” at the party. Anyone who purchased the novel also received an X Files paperback. We signed lots of books and enjoyed some great food! Special thanks to John at the Hard Rock Cafe, which was a cool downtown venue for our book launch. Kevin J. Anderson with ... read more
- DRAGON WRITERS!We’re happy to announce the release of a new anthology, DRAGON WRITERS, including stories by Brandon Sanderson, David Farland, Jody Lynn Nye, Todd McCaffrey, and many others, edited by Lisa Mangum and with original cover art and introduction by James Artimus Owen. All proceeds go to fund the Don Hodge Memorial Scholarship for Superstars Writing Seminars. This is the third anthology put together by Superstars Writing Seminar instructors and alumni. The first two—One Horn to Rule Them All (about purple unicorns) and A Game of Horns (about red unicorns)—were also edited by Lisa Mangum and published by WordFire Press. Harnessing the creativity and imagination of Superstars attendees, these books generated a lot of attention, and raised enough money to ... read more
- Guest Interview—JODY LYNN NYEHere’s an interview on writing and books with my good friend Jody Lynn Nye. I thought you might enjoy it—and read Jody’s books! Her new nonfiction book, with Bill Fawcett, is Pros and Cons, and her novel Taylor’s Ark, were both just released by WordFire Press. Do you have a pre-writing routine or ritual? Every morning, when I get up, I feed the cat, then make my cocoa, check out Facebook, update my computer programs and game apps, and watch a few minutes of TV with my husband or stare out the glass doors at the local wildlife (we live on a thickly forested lot). I flip open my laptop and start on the project I left off ... read more
- Your Writing Tools for NanowrimoIf you’re a writer, you know about NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, every November when aspiring authors scramble to try to write the first draft of a new book in one month flat. There are challenge groups, sprint partners, lots of blogs, advice from writers. Each year for NaNoWriMo, I curate a StoryBundle of books on various aspects of the craft and business of writing, and for 2016 I’ve got eleven titles—your complete toolkit for getting through NaNoWriMo and increasing your own writing knowledge. To improve your craft, there’s The Writer’s Brainstorming Kit by Pam McCutcheon and Michael Waite, Managing Your Inner Artist/Writer by M.L. Buchman, Mastering Place and Setting in Your Writing by Eric Maisel, as well as the amazingly inspirational Drawing out the Dragons by ... read more
Looking for WordFire Press? Click logo