WITNESS THE BIRTH OF A NOVEL
Read KJA’s new epic fantasy Spine of the Dragon *As He Writes It*.
For Subscribers Only: Sign up here!
- Chills in the Heat of Summer: the Bump in the Night Thriller bundleIf you’re ready for summer thrills and chills (ones that don’t even require air conditioning), I’m happy to show off the brand new “Bump in the Night Thrillers” storybundle, which just launched today. Sixteen suspenseful, fun, and entertaining reads. http://storybundle.com You name your own price, get the eBooks via instant download in your preferred format. You support indie authors, and a portion of the proceeds goes directly to charity, to support the worthy cause of the Challenger Learning Centers for Space Science Education. The bundle books include compelling urban fantasy reads with some of the strangest detectives you’ve ever met, including Dan Shamble Zombie P.I. in my own Unnatural Acts, as well as ghosts, elves, vampires, sorceresses, modern-day dragon ... read more
- The Doomsday CascadeI’m thrilled to announce the sale of THE DOOMSDAY CASCADE, a new high-tech thriller with my frequent coauthor Doug Beason, which deals with the growing international crisis of nuclear waste storage. Bob Gleason, editor at Tor/Forge Books acquired the book via John Silbersack at Trident Media Group. Film and TV rights are being shopped by Eric Williams of Zero Gravity Management. THE DOOMSDAY CASCADE is a gritty survival story of people trapped inside a high-security nuclear waste storage facility deep inside a mountain, trying to escape as security systems break down, possibly leading to a nuclear disaster. The novel is meticulously researched and extremely plausible. Both Doug and Ihave direct first-hand experience with government bureaucracy, the military, and the nuclear industry. ... read more
- Finding the Way(Found some unposted blogs from last year’s hikes!) On some of my mountain climbs, there isn’t always an obvious trail. The way is marked with cairns, piles of stones that tell hikers they are on the right track. The problem is that not all those who build cairns know where they’re going. You can be easily led astray. My hardest hike of the year, circling the beautiful but rugged “Halo Ridge” in the Holy Cross Wilderness, was a 15-mile hike that carried me over four separate 13,000-ft peaks. In order to descend, I had to take a straight shot down off the ridge to a pair of mountain lakes more than a thousand feet below. I had to ... read more
- TALES OF DUNE just releasedBrian Herbert and I are pleased to announce the release of TALES OF DUNE, the expanded edition that collects all of our published Dune short stories, ranging from “Hunting Harkonnens,” the earliest chronological tale in the Dune timeline all the way to “Treasure in the Sand,” which takes place at the very end of the long Dune history. CONTENTS: The Butlerian Jihad time period • Hunting Harkonnens • Whipping Mek • The Faces of a Martyr • Red Plague The Dune time period • Wedding Silk • A Whisper of Caladan Seas After the Scattering • Sea Child • Treasure in the Sand Available in trade paperback and all eBook formats. A hardcover edition is forthcoming the next couple of weeks. ... read more
- A Day in the Writing/Publishing LifeSeveral people have asked what my typical day is like. And the appropriate answer is “what’s a typical day?” I wear many hats, work on various projects, and wrestle with countless distractions. So, yesterday I kept a log of my activities from the time I got out of bed to when I went back to bed (i.e., the “work day”). 7:30, get up, coffee and breakfast. While eating breakfast, read and answer the overnight email. (Nine emails since midnight, which was the last time I checked mail: 2 of them about writing projects, including one from my coauthor Doug Beason about revisions to our new high-tech thriller, The Doomsday Cascade; the other 7 are WordFire Press matters, book schedules, author ... read more
Looking for WordFire Press? Click logo