Tick. Tick. Tick.
Do you feel your pulse pounding? Time is running out.
Sometimes it feels as if life is like a nuclear reactor overheating, a race car with a stuck pedal, accelerating out of control. Your “To Read” stack grows higher and higher, while your reading time decreases each week. Too many responsibilities. Too many distractions. Too little quiet time.
Who has time to spend hours in an afternoon slowly sinking in to the languidly paced prose of an author who feels he has all the time in the world to engage your interest? For a reader who has all the time in the world and nothing better to do?
In a fast-paced world, you want a story that grabs you from the beginning, stomps on the accelerator, and hits sixty miles an hour in two paragraphs or less. You want a ride in a super-sonic jet, not a casual Sunday bicycle ride around the park.
Tick. Tick. You need a lot of thrillers. Now.
The books I have selected for the Pulse Pounders Thriller Bundle for StoryBundle really cut to the chase. This is a death-defying rollercoaster, not a kiddy storybook ride. I selected these books from across the spectrum with the criteria that they be EXCITING and PULSE POUNDING.
As a perfect sampler, I edited the Pulse Pounders anthology for WMG, packed with short stories that put me on the edge of my seat. I'm also including VIRTUAL DESTRUCTION, a high-tech thriller I wrote with Doug Beason about a murder inside a top secret nuclear design lab…exactly like the one where we both met. Jonathan Maberry's V-WARS launches a shared-world epic where an epidemic has unleashed monsters on the world, and humanity's survival is at stake.
Also included are two edgy serial-killer thrillers, EMPTY ROOMS by Jeff Mariott and THE FLY GUY by Colum Sanson-Regan. You want demon possessed rock bands back from the dead? There's BANSHEES by Mike Baron. Science fiction thriller? FORCED CONVERSION by Donald J. Bingle. Urban fantasy demon hunters? Falchion-Award nominee POCKETS OF DARKNESS by Jean Rabe. Frightening revenge? GATES OF HELL by J. F. Penn. Matt Buchman's TWO CHEF and Dean Wesley Smith's AN EASY SHOT even make cooking and golfing terrifying!
Eleven books for a bargain price, but it only runs for three weeks and this bundle will go away. Don't miss it. You get great books to read, a portion goes to charity, and you'll be on the edge of your seat.
Do you feel your heart racing yet? Time is running out. You've got stories to read.
Tick. Tick. Tick.
The initial titles in the Thriller Bundle (minimum $5 to purchase) are:
- Banshees by Mike Baron
- Virtual Destruction by Kevin J. Anderson and Doug Beason
- Empty Rooms by Jeffrey J. Mariotte
- Pockets of Darkness by Jean Rabe
- The Fly Guy by Colum Sanson-Regan
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $15, you get all five of the regular titles, plus six more:
- Two Chef! by M. L. Buchman
- Gates of Hell by J.F. Penn
- Pulse Pounders by Fiction River
- Forced Conversion by Donald J. Bingle
- An Easy Shot by Dean Wesley Smith
- V-WARS by Jonathan Maberry
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It's also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We've chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that's fine! You'll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there's nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to the Challenger Center for Space Education!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you'll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
Source: Kevin's Blog